- Bismillah ar
Rehman ir Rahim
BABA FARID GANJ-E-SHAKAR
- (40 DAYS
- Just behing the Sandal Khana
Mosque the Chilla (CELL or HUJRA) of Hazrat Baba Farid Ganj-e-Shakar is
situated, where Baba Farid R.A. spent some time in contemplation and seclusion.
The gate to the Chilla Sharif remains closed through out the year except for
three days, 4th Moharram Sharif to 6th Moharram Sharif
every year, when it is opened for Ziarat to all in the Chilla Sharif.
- Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishty and Hazrat Khwaja
Kutubuddin Bakhtyar Kaki R.A. were together in the Hujra (Cell or Chilla). Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin
Chishty said to Hazrat Khwaja Kutubuddin Bakhtyar Kaki ‘O Bakhtyar how much
longer will you burn that young man (Baba Farid) up with Spiritual Exercise?
‘You must reward him with something.’ Hazrat Khwaja Kutubuddin Bakhtyar Kaki
answered, ‘What power do I have in front of you? ‘Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin
Chishty announced, ‘This is your mureed (disciple).’
- Then he stood up and suggested
that they both gave him their blessings. So Hazrat Khwaja Moinuddin Chishty
stood on the right and Hazrat Khwaja Kutubuddin Bakhtyar Kaki on the left with
side Baba Farid between them, and whatever blessings they had received they
bestowed on him.
- THE TWO SAINTS HAVE BESTOWED THE TWO WORLDS ON YOU.
- YOU HAVE RECEIVED KINGSHIP FROM THESE KINGS OF THE AGE.
- THE REALMS OF BOTH THIS AND THE OTHER WORLD BELONG TO
- THE ENTIRE CREATION IN FACT HAS BEEN MADE OVER TO YOU.
- It is said that Hazrat Shaikh Baba
Farid Ganj-e-Shakar is a descendent of Hazrat Umar Farooq-e-Azam R.A.A. the
second Calipah of Hazrat Muhammed S.A.W.
- The father of Hazrat Shaikh Baba
Farid Ganj-e-Shakar was Shaikh Jamaluddin Sulaiman who had also migrated from
- He lived and died at Patan near
Gujranwala in Pakistan.